Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Groupon - My Purchases and Experience With Groupon


An exciting new way to save money online and find deals in your area is through Groupon. When the daily deals site first came out, it was getting a lot of exposure, but not more than ever. Whether you are in California, or Nebraska, there are many new daily deals becoming available each day.

In addition to Groupon, there are also many other competitors such as Living Social and Gilt City. Living Social has done an amazing job promoting and branding their company through television commercials. While other competitors and brands are doing extremely well in the iPhone and smart phone app space. The majority of these daily deals web sites have mobile phone apps, which make it easy for you to buy an exclusive coupon or discount, then hand your phone to the cash registrar at check out.

During my time with Groupon, I've been able to find some really great deals that have been useful in my area. Here are just a few of them.

Barnes and Noble Groupon

Finding a Groupon or coupon for any major outlet and brand is always a great benefit. Barnes and Noble was one of the first big chains to offer a Groupon in my area. This promotion was good for a $20 for only a $10 purchase.

Old Navy & Chili's Groupons

Just like Barnes and Noble, I recent had a chance to try Old Navy and Chili's promotions when they used Groupon. Just like the Barnes and Noble promotion, these were both a $20 for $10 coupon.

Trump Plaza Groupon

My last purchase with Groupon was for a Trump Plaza promotion, which was for a two night stay and extra bonuses such as spa and breakfast services. Unfortunately they were booked and I had to refund Groupon, but it all worked out in the end.

As mentioned in the last promotion I took part in, even though I purchased the promotion for around $149, Trump recommended I call Groupon to have my purchase refunded. I was ready for a battle, but when I talked to the Groupon customer support, they actually made the process very easy and simple. This was a great thing to see, as many companies lack in the customer support area

While daily deal sites are still growing, they will continue to bring in new customers and promotion for small businesses in your area, and well known brands as well.

One of the major problems the advertisers and daily deals business must focus on, is the ability to have a customer purchase more than the minimum required of their coupon. Early statistics have shown that around 50% of the current advertisers of daily deal sites are not that excited about their results and would likely not run another promotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment